29 November 2010

Thankful

I feel obligated to do a post of thankfulness in honor of the recent (American) holiday.
Warning: This may get sappy.



Here are a few items on my thankful list:

1. My husband.
This was our first Thanksgiving as a married couple.
It didn't really feel any different, but it's definitely fun to say we're a family. Even if it's just a family of two.


He's a sexy man, my best friend, and has natural abilities in most sports, in the kitchen...and constantly makes me laugh (and I'm totally jealous of the kitchen abilities). Not to mention that he cares about me a LOT. I'm so blessed to have him in my life.



2. My family.

This includes my awesome parents, my brothers and sister-in-law, my niece and nephew, my aunts...this list is getting long...uncles, cousins, grandparents, and in-laws. Yes, I actually like my in-laws. Maybe I'm just lucky.


[Insert picture here]

There's no way I can picture everyone here, so just imagine LOTS of people...and all good-looking, of course.


If you sat at the table with my side of the family for Thanksgiving this year, you might think we're a little nutty. There are about 5 different conversations going on at once (think While You Were Sleeping..."these mashed potatoes are so creamy") and all 15 people want to participate in the 5 conversations. Couple that with my brother who likes to throw rolls at my face...yes, he is an adult...and that's my family.



3. My dear friends
AKA Club Awesome

Yes, we dubbed ourselves this title of "Club Awesome," but it seemed to fit so well...especially since we are all very awesome in our own ways.


From left to right:

The crafty fashionista (ME!)

The ambitious photographer mom (Tami)

The cupcake-baker crafty mom-to-be (Susan)

The kind and effortless beauty (Emily)




4. My doggies


Layla


Lucy


How can you not love these faces?



Even when they crowd you in your own bed...you can't help but love them!


There are many other people and things that I am thankful for, but that list would be too long and pretty boring.


Hope those of you in the US had a wonderful holiday. And hope the rest of you weren't bitter about our holiday.

Stay tuned for more outfits from the 30 for 30 challenge...

coming soon to a blog near you...(this one).


2 comments:

  1. What a sweet thankful post! You & your husband are so cute & your dogs are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet!!!! you are indeed one lucky lady! and, of course, i have to tell you one more time how FREAKING much i love your wedding dress! you look so beautiful and happy :)

    ReplyDelete