28 March 2011
Here's my florally inspired set.
Sonia Rykiel cotton tank top, 560 GBP Miss Selfridge shrug top, 28 GBP Top, $25 Crochet tank top, $10 Dolman tee, $7.99 TopShop floral print skirt, $75 Flat shoes, $88 Dorothy Perkins leather handbag, 32 GBP Flower necklace, $15 John Lewis Women straw hat, 23 GBP TopShop hair accessory, $8 Ray Ban aviator sunglass, 135 EUR Paul & Joe - Lipstick N - # 20 (Milk Chocolate) 3.2g/0.11oz, $25 CHANEL COCO MADEMOISELLE PARFUM, $95 THE COSMETIC MARKET :: Makeup :: Nails :: OPI Tutti Frutti Tonga, $8.50 Table Flowers - Roses and Carnations in a Vase Singapore
25 March 2011
What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear them!
Visit modlychic to read what other FBFF bloggers have to say on this subject!
23 March 2011
I love it when other people dress me.
It just makes life easier when you go to your closet and don't have to internally debate what you should wear for the day.
Yesterday, I participated in The Paper Doll Project.
Here's the basic concept. All participants were put into pairs. Within each pair, each blogger chose one piece for their partner to style their outfit around.
Dude, I totally lucked out with my cool partner Sara from Skrush. I mean, how cute is she?! Go read her blog and you will love both her clothing and writing styles!
Since I recently got this fun blazer from my friend Emily's garage sale, that's the piece I picked for Sara to work with. (Thanks for not selling it and letting me have it for free, Em!)
Sara suggested I pair it with this purple floral button up that I wore during the fall 30/30 remix, as well as a brightly colored scarf, skinny pants/jeans, and short boots.
I guess I'm not the best paper doll because I actually don't own a pair of skinny pants/jeans. That's sad! Only once have I tried on skinny jeans and my big calves didn't fit. I was literally too big for skinny jeans!
15 March 2011
Tie Onesie with stripes and polka dots
Cupcake Onesie with floral and polka dotted fabrics
10 March 2011
09 March 2011
same light gray striped blazer from Em
red polka dot tank: Target
dress pants: NY & Co.
snakeskin heels: Steve Madden from ideeli
Head to toe shot. This looks trippy.
I wanted to make sure I included polka dots with prints, because I love how easily they pair with stripes or florals.
But now I realize that ALL the outfits I wore were dots and prints.
Like I said, it works.
How do YOU wear polka dots? As an accessory, article of clothing, paired with a crazy print, or classicly paired with a solid color?
04 March 2011
My first post as a member of the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday...YAY! :)
Also my first post on beauty products. That's a little strange considering I LOVE makeup and fun beauty products! I try not to walk into Sephora often for that very reason. I made the mistake of going in there on a payday for my favorite foundation...I only got a few things and spent $100. Eek!!
Talking about Sephora reminds me of the first FBFF question this week.
Drug store makeup: I LOVE my Revlon Colorstay eyeliner in black! My dark & beautiful brown eyes (conceited much?) need a dark pencil that's easy to apply and Revlons works bestest for me! Woah, I just browsed Revlon's website and found the eyeliner for $6.79 online, what a deal!
I also have to give a close runner up to Smashbox's Camera Ready Full Coverage Foundation. It's so smooth (like buttah) and keeps my complexion looking even. The only complaint I have is that the brush it comes with leaves brush lines on my face. And of course it is tres expensive for not much product! Retails for $38.
Um...does a "trendy" haircut count? If so, I shall hang my head in shame as I admit to once having "The Rachel" cut as my do in high school.
5. When it comes to beauty products, we all use the same basic products. What do you use that helps show off your personal flare and personality?
Retails for $38. SO worth the money. Dude, I bought this last April and still have a few months left in it!
Here's my typical work day makeup.
02 March 2011
And then most people under 30 just thinks that it's stinkin' OLD.
Well I've decided that I'm not gonna let it get me down. Ya hear that, you 30 year-old body, you won't bring me down! So I've come up with a To Do List of sorts for some things I want to do in the next year.
Without further ado, here are 30 things I want to do at the age of 30.
1. Go to Europe with my hubby. We've already started making plans!
2. Run a 5K...maybe even a 10K but no promises on that one.
3. Make 30 sales on Etsy. Which really equates to putting more time into my business.
4. Pay off student loans.
5. Host a tea party. I really want to make some scones! Did that link make you drool a little?
6. Sew myself a skirt or dress...something I've said I would do for almost 2 years now.
7. Make my own cheese. Yep.
8. Read the Bible daily for 1 month.
9. Take a cooking class.
10. Save $200 a month for an emergency fund...and not spend the emergency fund on shoes, ha!
11. Go skydiving. I promised my husband I'd go again someday so why not now?
12. Make pillows. Something super easy to sew and I haven't done them yet. (Thank you, cousin, for asking me to make some.)
13. Enjoy the sunset on my back patio. I have no reason for not having done this.
14. Teach a sewing class. This doesn't have to be anything fancy, maybe just a class for friends.
15. Stay at my goal weight. I just want to be able to weigh in as a Lifetime Member of Weight Watchers for a year without paying a dime.
16. Surprise my husband once a month. This could mean anything really. Just doing something nice for him that's out of the ordinary.
17. Read 10 books from the top 100 novels list.
18. Volunteer at a food kitchen or shelter.
19. Make rolled out sugar cookies with Royal icing.
20. Sew a purse with zippers. I've made one bag with a zipper and nothing else...why do they scare me so?
21. Rock red lipstick for a night out. I was going to say all day but that might freak out people at work.
22. Go 30 days without using my credit card. I'm not in debt or anything, but I definitely rely on it too much a few days before the paycheck comes in.
23. Make creme brulee. I have no idea how to put the accents on the words from within Blogger.
24. Host a craft day at my house. Fun girly time for fun crafts.
25. Pamper myself once a month. Maybe get a pedicure or facial or just relax in a nice bubble bath while listening (falling asleep) to Norah Jones on my ipod. I'll be right back...
[2 pruny hours later]
26. Buy a DSLR camera. I want to be able to take better pictures for my business and for the blog. Plus I've wanted one for years. They're just cool.
27. Mentor at a school. I've been doing mentoring for a couple months and I just want to continue to do it. It's cool to connect with kids.
28. Make a (small) quilt. Another sewing project I've been putting off but want to make time to finish...ok, start.
29. Blog once a week. Just putting this out there makes me nervous. I feel the pressure already!
30. Take my dogs to the dog park at least 6 times. It isn't near us but it isn't that far either. And I think Lucy is old enough to (hopefully but probably not) behave herself. Even if she's bad, I know she'll have a blast.
Well some of these were serious, some silly, some possibly overly ambitious. I realized I couldn't make a list of 30 really intense things so I tried to break it up into lots of different types.
What do you think? I think my readers will have fun watching me attempt some of these things on the list.
Which is your favorite of the 30?