And then most people under 30 just thinks that it's stinkin' OLD.
Well I've decided that I'm not gonna let it get me down. Ya hear that, you 30 year-old body, you won't bring me down! So I've come up with a To Do List of sorts for some things I want to do in the next year.
Without further ado, here are 30 things I want to do at the age of 30.
1. Go to Europe with my hubby. We've already started making plans!
2. Run a 5K...maybe even a 10K but no promises on that one.
3. Make 30 sales on Etsy. Which really equates to putting more time into my business.
4. Pay off student loans.
5. Host a tea party. I really want to make some scones! Did that link make you drool a little?
6. Sew myself a skirt or dress...something I've said I would do for almost 2 years now.
7. Make my own cheese. Yep.
8. Read the Bible daily for 1 month.
9. Take a cooking class.
10. Save $200 a month for an emergency fund...and not spend the emergency fund on shoes, ha!
11. Go skydiving. I promised my husband I'd go again someday so why not now?
12. Make pillows. Something super easy to sew and I haven't done them yet. (Thank you, cousin, for asking me to make some.)
13. Enjoy the sunset on my back patio. I have no reason for not having done this.
14. Teach a sewing class. This doesn't have to be anything fancy, maybe just a class for friends.
15. Stay at my goal weight. I just want to be able to weigh in as a Lifetime Member of Weight Watchers for a year without paying a dime.
16. Surprise my husband once a month. This could mean anything really. Just doing something nice for him that's out of the ordinary.
17. Read 10 books from the top 100 novels list.
18. Volunteer at a food kitchen or shelter.
19. Make rolled out sugar cookies with Royal icing.
20. Sew a purse with zippers. I've made one bag with a zipper and nothing else...why do they scare me so?
21. Rock red lipstick for a night out. I was going to say all day but that might freak out people at work.
22. Go 30 days without using my credit card. I'm not in debt or anything, but I definitely rely on it too much a few days before the paycheck comes in.
23. Make creme brulee. I have no idea how to put the accents on the words from within Blogger.
24. Host a craft day at my house. Fun girly time for fun crafts.
25. Pamper myself once a month. Maybe get a pedicure or facial or just relax in a nice bubble bath while listening (falling asleep) to Norah Jones on my ipod. I'll be right back...
[2 pruny hours later]
26. Buy a DSLR camera. I want to be able to take better pictures for my business and for the blog. Plus I've wanted one for years. They're just cool.
27. Mentor at a school. I've been doing mentoring for a couple months and I just want to continue to do it. It's cool to connect with kids.
28. Make a (small) quilt. Another sewing project I've been putting off but want to make time to finish...ok, start.
29. Blog once a week. Just putting this out there makes me nervous. I feel the pressure already!
30. Take my dogs to the dog park at least 6 times. It isn't near us but it isn't that far either. And I think Lucy is old enough to (hopefully but probably not) behave herself. Even if she's bad, I know she'll have a blast.
Well some of these were serious, some silly, some possibly overly ambitious. I realized I couldn't make a list of 30 really intense things so I tried to break it up into lots of different types.
What do you think? I think my readers will have fun watching me attempt some of these things on the list.
Which is your favorite of the 30?