05 April 2011

Inspiration Monday Follow-up

So I am finally posting the actual outfit I wore for two birds' inspiration monday this week. Check out my last post to see what I thought I might wear without having my closet right in front of me.


Um, please just scroll down...I think it would look dumb if I linked to my last post.

Here are the changes I made.



Cardigan & Scarf: Target / T-shirt: Old Navy / Coach bag: gift from in-laws / Skirt: too old to remember




Tights: Urban Outfitters / Snakeskin Heels: Steve Madden




James Avery necklace




I think this outfit would work even better if my skirt was a little shorter.



I have to admit...I may like just the tee and skirt together the best.



The screen print tee that I have in a bluer shade of green was just being cut off too much by the skirt and not working. So I went with a plain kelly green tee instead.


The purple cardigan looked decent with the green tee, but the orange just caught my eye more and made me go Hmmmm, that's interesting.


Y'all know I love color (did you think I was gonna channel Paula Deen and say butter??), but I don't think I've ever paired green and orange together. I've just never thought of it.

But I think it's a pairing I like...almost as much as a fudgey brownie & a glass of milk!


Because of this challenge, I also found how versatile this polka dot skirt can be! I wore it higher today to make it skim the knee and look more empire waist. I'm thinking it will be an easy piece to remix.



How do you like the outfit I ended up with?


What changes would you make? Hey, I'm all for constructive criticism!

4 comments:

  1. Oh your outfit is cute! Love the bright colours and the polka dot skirt is perfect!

    Daisy Dayz Home
    Cross-Jones-Photography Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt is so pretty on you -- very feminine. The final outfit is perfect! (They all look great on you though).

    I just noticed the doggie nose in the last photo - how cute is that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LINZ I LOVE THIS. amazing. amazing. you paired so many different things and made them work! love it. i wish i could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all those pops of color, but I may have added a color shoe instead of the scarf. Something closer to the cardigan maybe. Lovely outfit and great interpretation! ;)

    ReplyDelete