09 May 2012

Bringin It Back

I haven't blogged in so long. Since November. Work and life have just been so busy!
But I miss you, my blogging friends! I haven't even had a chance to even read any blogs the last few months. I miss that. 


Here's the last 6 months of my life.
In November, I worked my butt off for 2 craft shows I did for my Lemon Drop business. Did pretty well and sold some orders for Christmas at the same time. Then I worked the next month filling orders, baking yummy Christmas goodies, buying & wrapping presents, and just the general holiday craziness of it all.

Oh and 3 days before Christmas, I got the fun surprise of having my appendix out. Yay me. Thank goodness medicine has come a long way and God was taking care of me. I know many of you have probably had surgery before but the first time you go under the knife is kind of scary...especially when you don't have a choice.


Then in January, on top of my full-time job, I started working part-time for Weight Watchers. I haven't talked about Weight Watchers much, but they mean a lot to me in my life. I lost over 70 lbs to become a Lifetime member of WW. Now I want to give back some of my time to work for them and help other members who are trying to reach the same goal.

February, March & April were full of lots of birthday celebrations with my own, my husband's, his grandmother, his father, and my father.

So that's the basic recap of the last 6 months or so of my life.

And what of all those things I listed that I wanted to do the year I was 30? Looks like I did 12 of the 30. Not great but at least I accomplished some of them...I guess.

This is what I DID accomplish:
  • Ran my first 5K.
  • Went to Europe with the hubby.
  • Paid off my student loans, this was SO freeing!
  • On average, I've said the $200/month I wanted to save.  Saved less some months and more during other months. 
  • Sewed some pillows.
  • Enjoyed the sunset from our patio...behind which there are now lots of houses built.  :(
  • Stayed at my WW Lifetime goal weight.
  • Surprised my husband.  I didn't really plan anything major for this, I just tried to be more thoughtful and also buy him treats he would like from the store.  :)
  • I read 5 (not 10) books from the Top 100 novels list.
  • Mentor at a school.
  • Go 30 days without using my credit card.
  • Sew a small quilt.
 Considering that I hadn't blogged at all the last 3 months prior to turning 31, I was surprisingly only 6 posts short of reaching 52 posts/year which would equal 1 post/week, per one of the items on my list.

And I shall leave you with a fun outfit I put together on Polyvore. 
I love any variation of coral or orange this season!
  Orange & Navy Stripes Remix 1


 Stay tuned for pictures of my recent trip to the Kentucky Derby!!

  

I promise I'll try to blog more often!

3 comments:

  1. welcome back, congrats on the weightloss, great thing about the trip to europe, and i'm SO jealous of you being out from the debt of student loans lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie here! I have a question for you regarding your blog. Please contact me when you get a chance. jclarkmca[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely sound busy! And anyone who can stay at their WW goal weight is a winner in my book. (I guess that makes me a loser, and not the good kind...) :(

    Thanks for continuing to visit and comment on my blog even when I'm not sure where it's going.

    ReplyDelete