22 October 2009

There’s no time…there’s never any time!

I have no time to blog. And it’s only my 3rd post. How did I already get like this? This is why I should’ve waited until I actually had time to write a blog before starting one. But I just want to show the world things that I’ve created and I want my creations to be loved and adored…and also bought, of course.

I’ve spent so much time ironing, cutting, & sewing fabric together lately. And I realized that I really hate the ironing and cutting part of things. I need a little assistant who likes that part. Maybe like an Oompa Loompa. Then he/she [do they have genders?] would be ironing and cutting on a tiny ironing board and I would look up from my sewing machine and just giggle to myself at how ridiculous and awesome my assistant was.

Heehee...see? They're hilariously cute!

On a slightly more serious note, I am addicted to craft and baking blogs right now. I feel like I could spend the next 2 months just sewing and baking and crafting cute decorations and gifts for people for Christmas. Doesn’t that just sound purely delightful?

For example, this website (http://www.ourbestbites.com/) has tons of yummy looking things to bake for others or yourself. They even include great pictures for their step-by-step instructions for novices such as myself. And now that it's well into October, I can start baking yummy pumpkin things, such as this...


But alas, I have a full-time job and don't have time to just bake and craft every day. Don't get me wrong though...I am quite utterly grateful to still have a full-time job in this economy, as I try to develop my business on the side, in my spare time...whatever that means. To me, spare time is me sewing like crazy on weekends to make aprons, bags, and baby items for my website and craft shows while watching college football. :)

Tonight, I have an order for 3 baby gift sets for a friend to take to baby showers. Actually 4 orders, but only 3 need to be done by tomorrow. 2 onesies, 1 burp cloth, and 1 soft cube toy in each gift set. They already sound so cute! I can't wait to make them tonight and bring them to my friend tomorrow! I'll be sure to post pictures of each set once they're complete and given to the mommies.

In the mean time, take a look at some other baby items I made for my friend and her little baby girl...

Layered flower onesie with button center.

Soft cube toy with a bell inside and lots of cute ribbon tags to entertain the baby.


I heart cupcake onesies with a button top!



Speaking of cupcakes, here’s the bag that was sent across the country to its new owner in Utah.

Well, it’s not the exact bag. I’ve made two and this picture is of the one I made for my friend who makes cupcakes….wonderfully delicious cupcakes…one of which I had for breakfast at work today. What better way to start your day than a cup of coffee and a yummy cupcake? If you’re near/around the Houston area, check her out…http://www.seriouslycupcakes.com/ Free delivery in the West Houston area.

Coming soon…lots of photos of items I made for my craft show. Tons of cute onesies, aprons, and bags, some of which are Christmas-themed and some not. I finally took pictures of everything and now it’s time to get them on the web and update my Etsy shop. Until then, I'll be creating more goodies to share and sell.

Happy Thursday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. you left the sweetest comment on my blog and i just wanted to say thank you. it really made my day.

    ReplyDelete